Swagbucks: A Detailed Guide
This post contains detailed information about almost every way you can earn money on Swagbucks.
If you’re looking for a brief overview, check out the Newbies guide to Swagbucks.
Or, if you’re looking for the answer to a specific question, you may find the answer in my Swagbucks: What’s This? series.
If you want all the nitty gritty details, read on…
- Homepage Info including descriptions of all the things to do, plus Daily Bonus info
- Instant surveys
- Mobile apps
- Daily earning guide
- Other Useful Info
These appear on the homepage in the Answer section. They will always be the first card displayed (immediately to the right of Answer) – they are green and say “Instant”. They usually go quite quickly (sometimes in a couple of minutes). Generally they’re only 1-2 questions and are worth anywhere from 4sb to 20+ sb.
Tip: Click Set Interests in the left menu and choose “Answering Surveys” so that the Answer section will be at the top of the page. This will put the Instant survey front and centre if/when it shows up.
(Available on iOS and Android)
- EntertaiNOW(Available on Android)
- SB TV
Daily Earning Guide
Daily Earning For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to things you can do every day to earn a few guaranteed SBs:
- Daily Poll – 1SB
- Games – 10SB (2SB usually awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted, can vary at times)
- Mobile Apps – 60-70SB (sometimes more)
- Discover – choose OfferToro under Sponsored Offers – choose 1 Click. Follow the directions and it should credit. Easy 1 SB.
- Searches – random amounts allocated for random searches
- Surveys – easiest and quickest way to earn (and possibly the most frustrating) way to earn large amounts of SB. You will find you get DQ’d (disqualified) a lot from surveys – this is normal as each survey is designed to be answered by certain groups of people only and this varies with each survey. It is not recommended that you change your responses to qualify for surveys as inconsistent answers will result in getting fewer survey opportunities, increased levels of being DQ’d and possibility of being investigated and having your account terminated. It is therefore best to be honest in your answers (and be consistent with profile survey answers as well!) – check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
- Inbox – check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
- Tasks – some can be complicated and some quite easy – usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
Other Useful Info
- The Swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK (except when UK/US daylight savings times are offset, then it’s 7am)
- The Facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.
- It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.
SB – Swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)
GC – GiftCard (ie Amazon vouchers)
PL – Peanut Labs (special offer wall)
RO – Radium One (special offer wall)
TP – Trial Pay (special offer wall)
SP – Sponsor Pay (special offer wall)
Dubs – The 2nd search win in a day
Trips – The 3rd search win in a day
Quads – The 4th search win in a day
DQ – disqualified – usually relating to surveys
What steps do I need to take to complete an offer?
The instructions to complete an offer are written under each offer description. For all offers, you MUST provide accurate information and meet the advertiser’s requirements. Points will not be awarded if you submit incorrect information. Also, do not refresh the page anytime during the completion process. It could harm our ability to track your progress.
Can I complete an offer more than once?
No, each offer may only be completed once. You will not be awarded for any additional attempts.
If an error occurs during the completion process, do I still get my points?
Unfortunately, points will NOT be awarded if an error occurs and you were not able to complete the offer requirements. Please report problematic offers to our customer support team and we will investigate the matter.
What should I do if I complete a survey and it doesn’t credit?
“It happens sometimes. I usually leave the screen with the completion message open and check the SB balance to see if its added the credit.
How do I cancel or unsubscribe from an offer I completed?
Products and services subscribed or purchased through Offer Walls and Swagbucks offers are all from third-party advertisers. To cancel or unsubscribe from an offer, you will need to contact the advertisers directly.
Should I save up before cashing out?
It is up to you when you cash out, higher giftcards are better value for money, but if your account is investigated and shut for any reason you would lose all those points and therefore not get anything at all. Only you can make the decision, existing posters on the thread are split on saving up for big amounts (£50) and cashing out as soon as possible with cashing out sooner probably being slightly in the lead.
Please see this post to avoid scam and losing your balance/account:“A Happy New Year to everybody. I thought maybe I would start posting again on the odd occasion when I come across anything useful, if that’s OK. So to start with, please be on your guard against scammers. A member has posted on facebook that he has had his account cleared out after being conned into giving his user details following an email saying he’d won 100,000 sb in the giveaway. It appears that the scammers have changed his password so he can no longer access his account and have cleared out his swagbucks balance. Hopefully support will stop the payment going out and will be able to restore his account. I know that we all say that this would never happen to us, but this is not the first time that I have seen this and, indeed, we had a scammer on Swagbucks facebook last year who was very persistent. So, please be aware and extra vigilantbypaulshorse”
- Pay outs can take 10-14 working days to receive once requested (they send an email once it is fulfilled).
- To find GBP rewards in the reward store search GBP in the reward store search box
- Swagbucks have removed the option for UK members to claim USD paypal payments.
- It is up to you when you cash out, but if your account is investigated and shut for any reason you would lose all the points Existing posters on the thread are split on saving up for big amounts (£50) and cashing out as soon as possible with cashing out sooner probably being slightly in the lead.
- Some reward cards are currently on offer.
Swagbucks/Paypal do not charge for receiving paypal payments (likely already factored in)
Paypal payments are sent to the email address that you registered on swagbucks with, if this is not the email address of your paypal account add it as a second email address on the paypal account (see paypal help menu)
- £5 = 999 sb (Currently 800 SB)
- £10 = 1,989 sb (Currently 1600 SB)
- £25 = 4,949 sb (Currently 4000 SB)
- £50 = 9,399 sb (Currently 8000 SB)
- £100 = 17,999 sb = best value (Currently 16000SB)
If you choose to cash out to Amazon vouchers Please apply the code to your amazon account as soon as you receive it to avoid losing it should your account get closed for any reason.
Amazon vouchers are valid for approximately 10 years once added to your amazon account and amazon use your giftcard balance in order of expiry date automatically.
- £3 amazon voucher = 525 sb (Currently 450 SB)
- £5 amazon voucher = 849 sb (Currently 720 SB = Best Value)
- £10 amazon voucher = 1,689 sb (Currently 1440 SB)
- £15 amazon voucher = 2,525 sb (Currently 2160 SB)
- £25 amazon voucher = 4,199 sb (Currently 3600 SB)
- £50 amazon voucher = 8,389 sb (Currently 7200 SB)
- £100 amazon = 16,699 sb (Currently 14400 SB)
Also available are these E-Gift cards (so will be used for spending online only)
- Marks & Spencer (Marks & Spencer e-gift cards are printable and can be used in-store as well as online. Thanks Tiffany Aching)
- John Lewis
- House of Fraser
- New Look
- Pizza Express
- Lands End
You will be asked to verify your order – this is via the verify link which will ask you one of your security questions OR by email.
At some point, often when placing your first order, you will be asked to verify your account. This only needs to be done once. The option to do this via mobile phone does not work for UK users, so will have to be done via postcard sent to the address in your profile. Postcards take between 7 to 28 days to arrive and will contain a PIN number for you to enter. (thanks to Fragmented)
- Ticketing Swagbucks when things don’t credit
- Make sure you have all the video apps on Swagbucks
- Join our Facebook group for Swagbucks UK users.