Prolific Assistant – Get alerted to new studies on Prolific
One of the biggest gripes in our Facebook Group about Prolific is the lack of studies, or missing out on studies. Unfortunately, Prolific doesn’t send emails alerting people of available studies, and they often fill up very quickly meaning that no matter how often you check in, you’re always just missing out.
There are various options out there to remedy this problem, but the easiest option on a desktop / laptop is the Chrome extension Prolific Assistant.
The Prolific Assistant is a plug in to the Chrome browser that alerts you either by an audible signal, a desktop alert, or a counter on the plugin icon, when there is a study available.
This is an extension designed to monitor https://www.prolific.ac/ for new studies and alert you when it finds them.
– Displays your pending and available balance
– Desktop Notifications: Receive a desktop notification when a new study is found
– Icon Badge: Shows how many studies are available on the extension icon
– Check Interval: Will check for new studies every X seconds
– Announce: If this is enabled, a voice announcement will happen when a new study is found
– Last Checked: Shows the last time studies were checked
It’s not foolproof, but it does help!
How do I install the Prolific Assistant?
- Prolific Assistant Chrome plugin for being alerted to new studies
- Nikki’s guide to Prolific
- Join our Facebook group for Prolific UK users.