England’s first match of the World Cup – will you score a hat-trick of search wins?
So, the day has finally arrived – it’s England’s first match of the World Cup today and football fans around the country are waiting with baited breath to see the result.
If you’re not a football fan, then you’re probably waiting with baited breath to find out if the football fans in your life will be in good or bad moods tonight – cheer yourself up and distract yourself from the anticipation by scoring a lucky search win and finding out more about the match below.
Not on Swagbucks? Click the image below to sign up.
England’s first match is tonight against Tunisia and here are a few facts you may, may not, or may not want to, know:
- The manager Gareth Southgate said he picked his squad “to excite the nation”
- There are 23 men on the England squad
- The list includes 3 goalkeepers, 10 defenders, 5 midfielders and 5 forwards
- 5 other men are on standby so not part of the official squad – they are Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Jake Livermore (West Brom), James Tarkowski (Burnley).
- England are in Group G alongside Belgium, Tunisia and Panama
- The match is being played at the Volgograd Arena, in Volgograd
- The BBC and ITV are sharing coverage of the World Cup, but BBC have rights to the first England match
- England has won only one of its last eight games at the World Cup (D4 L3), a 1-0 victory over Slovenia in June 2010.
- They have also never scored more than one goal in their last nine games at the tournament.
- Volgograd has the tallest statue in Europe called The Motherland Calls
- Tunisia won its first ever game at the World Cup on June 2 1978 (3-1 vs. Mexico). Since then, it has failed to win any of its 11 subsequent games in the competition
So, what do you think? Will England win or lose? Or even draw? Do you care? More importantly, did you get a search win? If you did, pop over to the Facebook group and let us know (about the search win, leave the football talk at the doors please!)
Good Luck to England, and Good Luck to you!
- See our other search link blogs here
- Find out more about the sites we like here
- Join the Facebook group here to meet other Swagbucks users