Newbie’s Guide to PrizeRebel
A site we haven’t spoken about much yet is PrizeRebel. Like many other GPT sites, you can earn money by completing surveys, offers, tasks, and watching videos.
However, as with all sites, it has a different layout, different rules, the bonuses work differently, etc., and for some this can be very confusing. It might even put you off using the site altogether, but that’s where we, your GPT Genies come in with yet another newbies guide.
1 – Things you should know
- Users must be 18 or above, or 16 to 18 with parental permission (Terms, section 2:a).
- You are only allowed to have one account per household. This means you can’t refer anyone who lives with you (Terms, section 2:c).
- You are not allowed to refer family (Terms, section 2:n).
- If you are inactive for 6 months your account may be closed (Terms, section 2:m).
- PrizeRebel is based in California so it resets at 8am GMT/BST.
2 – Ways to Earn
You can access the different earning options in a couple of ways. First you can go to the home page (click on the PR logo) where you will be able to see the different survey routers, other ways to earn, and recommended surveys and offers.
Alternatively, you can hover over Earn in the top toolbar and click on the different options.
Earn shows the options available to all users but these are not all available to us in the UK.
In the UK, we can access:
- Offers walls
- Video Wall
One of the best things about PrizeRebel is the great selections of survey routers. Most of the options above go to a survey routing company. This means that if you get disqualified from a survey the survey router will usually redirect you to another survey that you can try to complete. Sometimes, the router will run out of surveys that you are eligible for but you’ll often be able to complete one.
Things you should know about the surveys:
- Your Surveys pays 80 points. This is higher than any other site I’ve seen so far and has no time limits so you can do as many as there are available without having to wait in between.
- Gold Surveys has:
- a Cint router,
- a few different surveys that are offered to you based on your demographics,
- Two Opinion Sample routers,
- LiveSample router (this is only 65 points so better to do on instaGC for 85 points)
- Global Test Market router
- Give Us Your 2 Cents router (also known as Toluna, worth 70 points here so again less than instaGC’s 85 points)
- Opinion Surveys router.
- Samplicious router pays 105 points.
- Tap Research – usually slightly higher point values than instaGC. Same 2 points for disqualifying.
- Peanut Labs – These are usually a fair bit lower in points than other sites.
The two video walls available to the UK are EngageMe and Video Loyalty. PrizeRebel pays 0.55 points per 3 ads so far less than most other sites. You can see a full comparison here.
PrizeRebel has the usual selection of offer walls,. However, for the most part, they tend to pay less than the other popular sites.
Tasks refer to Figure 8. On Figure 8 you will find a collection of tasks that pay a set amount per completion.
The Figure 8 wall can be found on several different sites. From the quick look I’ve taken at the different sites that offer it, InstaGC seems to pay the highest so you may be better off doing tasks there rather than on PrizeRebel.
3 – Levels and Bonuses
Account levels are statuses that you reach as you earn points. With each level you earn certain extra benefits.
To reach each level, you must earn the specific required number of points for each level as listed in the image below. This does not count points earned for previous levels. Only points earned from any activities listed under the earn menu and referrals will count towards levels so not from bonuses, promo codes etc.
Once you reach Gold Level or above, your cash outs will be automatically processed if the item is in stock.
Each day you get a Daily Challenge which will give you bonus points if you complete it. The amount of points you need to earn varies.
When you have completed a Challenge, you must click on the medal to collect your bonus points. If you are eligible, you will then start the next level challenge and have a chance to earn more bonus points.
Monthly Special Bonus
If you are gold level or above you earn a special bonus on all your survey and offer earnings each month.
Every so often PrizeRebel releases promo codes. These codes are usually worth 5 points and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, or in their email newsletters.
The social media codes tend to be valid for up to a day. The newsletter codes are usually valid for a bit longer.
You can redeem promo codes in the side bar or in the menu bar where the ticket icon shows.
PrizeRebel has a fairly decent referral programme. You can earn 20-30% of your referrals earnings depending on your account level.
4 – Account and Settings
If you hover over your name, in the menu bar, you can see a few options.
- Account info – This takes you to your account settings. You can find your MemberID here (useful for social media competitions) and update your information.
- Rewards History – See all the rewards you’ve cashed out
- Earnings History – You can also access this by clicking on your points total. It shows a record of everything you’ve earned. It does not show referral earnings.
- Winnings – If you choose to participate in the sweepstakes or games you can see winnings info here.
- Referral Stats – You can see a list of how many people you’ve referred, what dates you referred them, and how many points you’ve earned from referrals.
5 – Rewards
PrizeRebel has a decent selection of rewards that you can cash out for.
Cash outs start at a minimum of £2 for an Amazon gift card or $5 for PayPal. All PayPal cash outs are in dollars but the gift cards are in GBP. They have a decent exchange rate for gift cards and once you’re a Gold member or above you get discounts on all cash outs.
They claim that cash outs take around 24 hours but I had some take a little longer. Once you reach Gold level, most cash outs will be completed within 5 minutes if the item is in stock. Custom PayPal amounts still seem to take longer.
Good luck and let me know what you found helpful or what your best tips are in the comments!
- Make the most of your points when cashing out
- Easy ways to earn while watching TV
- Find answers to some of the Quizzes on the offer walls
- If you live in the UK, or Ireland, join our Facebook group for more PrizeRebel tips and tricks.