National Fish & Chips Day! Will you catch a search win from our post?
Today is National Fish and Chips day. Woohoo! No cooking!
So to celebrate, check out some of the links below to see if you could get lucky with a search win and see if you learn anything new!
Did you know that:
- Fish and chips were first served together as a dish around 1860
- Fish and chips were served in newspaper till the 1980’s, when it was decided that having fish and chips touching the ink, was unsafe.
- The oldest Fish and chip shop in the world is still running near Leeds. Its been going since 1865!
- Over 250 million fish and chip meals are sold in the UK each year!
- Fish and chips played a part in the D-Day landings. The British soldiers would recognise each other by shouting ‘fish’ and waiting for the reply of ‘chips’ to know it was one of their own.
- Millers Fish and Chip shop in Haxby, York, was revealed as the winner of the Fish and Chip shop of the Year award for 2018.
- There are currently around 10,500 fish and chip shops around the UK!
So, will you be celebrating with Fish and Chips today?
Thanks to one of our guest mods, Helena, for putting this post together!
Come and tell us in the Facebook group which is your favourite battered fish and what you’ll be ordering today! And of course, let us know if you got a search win!