Another #RoyalBaby! Congratulations to Harry and Meghan!
You cant fail to have heard the news that Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, announced today that they are expecting a baby, to be born in the Spring of 2019.
With this in mind, here are a few Royal baby facts, clicking on the links might get you a Swagbucks search win – come and let us know in the Facebook group if you get one!
Royal baby facts you may not know
- The Home Secretary was once required to attend the birth of a royal baby to ensure no illegitimate newborns were smuggled in. The custom was abandoned in 1948 when Prince Charles was born as it was decided the practice was “neither a statutory requirement nor a constitutional necessity”.
- When Princess Charlotte was carried out of the Lindo Wing, the receiving blanket in which she was wrapped sold out within minutes. The brand, GH Hurt, monitored 100,000 people from 183 countries visiting their site in less than 24 hours.
- When Prince Edward was born in 1964, Prince Philip was by his wife’s side – an unusual occurrence for a husband of the time
- When Princess Beatrice was born in 1988, it was two weeks before her name was known.
- The Duke of Cambridge was christened Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, while his father was named Prince Charles Philip Arthur George.
- Prince William inherited the name Wombat during a trip to Australia, aged two
- All the Queen’s labours were conducted from the Buhl Room at Buckingham Palace, with the exception of Princess Anne, who was born at Clarence House.
- Royal babies are christened in a replica of the intricate lace and satin christening gown made for Queen Victoria’s eldest daughter in 1841.
We’re looking forward to welcoming the new baby into the Royal family – and hoping that one of the links above gave you a search win!
Did you get a search win? Come and tell us in the Facebook group.