Will you be Thankful for a Swagbucks search win today? #HappyThanksgiving
Here are some Thanksgiving facts to help us learn more – and you might bag a search win along the way!
- The first “official” Thanksgiving was in 1621 in Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Thanksgiving celebrates the arrival of the Pilgrims in Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Macy’s established a Thanksgiving Parade in 1924 to Herald the Start of the Christmas Shopping Season
- No turkey was served at the first Thanksgiving!
- The first Thanksgiving was actually a three-day celebration
- The night before Thanksgiving is apparently the biggest drinking night of the year
- Each year, the president of the U.S pardons a turkey and spares it from being eaten for Thanksgiving dinner
- The song “Jingle Bells” was originally written as a Thanksgiving song.
- The NFL started the Thanksgiving Classic games in 1920 and since then the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys have hosted games on Turkey Day
- Held every year on the island of Alcatraz since 1975, “Unthanksgiving Day” commemorates the survival of Native Americans following the arrival and settlement of Europeans in the Americas.
- Thanksgiving is an amalgamation of different traditions, including ancient harvest festivals, the religious New England Puritan Thanksgiving, the traditional harvest celebrations of England and New England, and changing political and ideological assumptions of Native Americans
- On average, it takes about 7 hours to cook a Thanksgiving dinner. People spend about 16 minutes eating it.
So if your GPT sites are looking a little sparse today, it’s because it’s a National Holiday in The US (Canada had their Thanksgiving Day in October) – instead of grumbling about the lack of surveys, say Happy Thanksgiving to our American neighbours!