Friday 13th – unlucky for some, lucky for you!
It’s Friday the 13th, and whether you’re superstitious or not, this allegedly unlucky day could bring you some luck after all. Try the links in the Friday 13th facts below and you could get a Swagbucks search win, or even a Swagbucks Collector’s Bill!
So, what do we know about Friday the thirteenth?
It’s a Western superstition, and occurs when the 13th day of the month falls on a Friday. In 2018 this will happen today, the next one is 13th March 2020.
There are various stories around the superstition, ranging from the story of Jesus to the death of Gioachino Rossini.
But of more interest to me are the superstitions surrounding it – have you heard of any of these which are said to cause bad luck?
- Walking under a ladder
- Picking up a penny
- Avoiding the number 666
- Not letting a black cat cross your path
- Avoiding the number 13
- Not passing someone on the stairs
- Pushing a spoon through the bottom of an empty eggshell after finishing it
- Never giving gloves as a present
I’ll be looking at my boiled egg in a whole new light after reading that one!
Some people have a fear of the number thirteen – this has the clinical name Triskaidekaphobia
But there’s also a name for the fear of Friday 13th – paraskevidekatriaphobia
Whether you’re superstitious or not, here’s hoping Friday the Thirteenth treats you well with a search win or two from the links above.
Come and tell us in the Facebook group if you managed to get a win!
- Other posts with potentially lucky search links
- Details of the latest Collector’s Bills
- Join our UK Facebook Group to meet and chat with other UK Swagbucks users