It’s National Penguin Day! Could you p-p-p-pick up a search win with our fun penguin facts?
January 20th is celebrated across social media as National Penguin Day – who knew?
Used as a day to share facts about the waddling little tuxedo wearers, it’s also a day for people to talk about the conservation of this funny little bird, as well as the history of the penguin.
So to help you find out more about penguins, and maybe get a Swagbucks search win along the way, here are a few facts about penguins you may not have known:
- Most scientists agree that there are 17 species of penguins. Of the 17 species, 13 are either threatened or endangered, with some on the brink of extinction.
- Penguins have solid bones to help them sink in the water, enabling them to dive through the water at incredible speeds.
- The word for penguin in mandarin is 企鹅, which people thought translated roughly to “business goose.” Apparently it doesn’t…
- A large penguin can collect up to 30 fish in one dive.
- King penguins can form nesting colonies of up to 10,000 penguins
- A group of penguins in the water is called a ‘raft’.
- A group of penguins on land is called a ‘waddle’
- Many species of penguins, such as gentoos and rockhoppers, are known to partner up for life.
- Penguins enjoy legal protection in most countries and especially in Antarctica
- To keep from overheating, penguins pant like dogs to cool off
Did you get a search win? Come and tell us in the Facebook group!
If you would like to write your own search links post, or any other post, please read this.
- See our other search link blogs here
- Find out more about the sites we like here
- Join the Facebook group here to meet other Swagbucks users